- What if they realise I’m a twitchy anxious person with a tendency to talk to much?
- Am I fast enough to dodge a group of bargain hungry sewists on the way to the remnants bin?
- What the heck should I wear?
After careful consideration I realised that:
- If I feel like I’m talking too much I’ll break into some 80s hair rock. Nothing like a spoken word version of Guns ‘n’ Roses Paradise City to win friends and influence people.
- I’m used to dodging ladies on skates so I am so prepped for the remnants run. Remember Amanda- if in doubt feint left and run right.
- I have nothing epic enough in my wardrobe for such a lovely day out.
So enter the dragon… Or the epic pattern and cute fabric combo of the polka dot Belladone!
- The simple lines. This has all the things I love- fitted bodice, pleated skirt, rad pockets and even a cute little waistband. Life does not get any better. Unless I was on a beach in the Caribbean and sipping a cocktail out of a coconut whilst wearing this dress. Just sayin’…
- How quick this went together even though I kinda didn’t understand a lot of what was going on… Curse you lack of Babel fish!
- The back panel feature. I remember seeing Belladone previewed somewhere on the magical interwebs before the patterns were fully launched and I was agog at the awesomeness of the back panel. I mean as sassy bit of back meat on show but also enough coverage for your bra straps? Total win! Could it be any cheekier?!
- Fit the pattern properly. I was rushed to get this done and took some short cuts but I want to be able to easily fit my hands into my pockets. Yup, I’m all fancy with my airs and graces and pocket usage.
- Bias bind all the edges of the back panel. It’s looks great already but I think I can set the sass-o-metre to 11 with some more bias binding.
- Add an extra inch to the skirt length. I’m really conscious of the skirt being just a smidge too short as it is difficult to pick things up off the floor without flashing sum ov me bloomers (I really hope there was a bad cockney accent in your head just then).