Does anyone else have fond memories of Sound of Music? I totes wanted to frolic in hills covered with flowers and have an epic staircase ready for songs but most importantly CURTAIN CLOTHES!
Let’s have a quick glance at the epicness of hill frolicking in curtain clothes:
|Courtesy of Analogue Chic|
But in all seriousness, I am in love with these pants. These bad boys were meant to be a muslin but as I sewed them up and fitted them, at every step they were more awesome than the last. The only concern I have with the finished product is the length. I have a vague recollection reading somewhere Colette Patterns are for lasses of 168cm in height. As a 172cm lady who is of an age where I like a little length in my shortables (yes- I play derby, no- I don’t wear hot pants) I’d like that extra 4cms. In saying that, these are perfect for derby and when I wore them on Tuesday night they not only survived the piercing stare of some of the style mavens I skate with but also held together with repeated falls, hip whips and pack manouvering work.
What I liked about this pattern:
- Nice flat waistband.
- The fit- sheer.majesty.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- The super hidden ninja front pockets. They have polka dots!
- The aforementioned length issue.
- Use an appropriate coloured zip. Note to self: stop getting distracted in fabric stores!
- This is more a heads up for peeps- I sit between a 10 and 12 in Colette size and I rounded up with these bad boys and it was perfect. I mean, check out this back view (side note: that could be quite possibly the sassiest thing I ever write on here. I do believe my ears are all pink)