And just because I can, here is a shot husband took of me scowling at some jerk faces speeding down the road past the drive way where I take my photos… I have a feeling disapproving teacher face will never leave me…
- The princess seams. I have never made anything with these before and they are ridiculously cute. This top feels polished even though it is a sweet cotton number.
- The sleeves. Seriously. How freaking rad are they? I must admit I was a bit daunted by the amount of fabric each sleeve required. But it was so worth it- I love the look. This lends itself to a nice solid colour in a drapey fabric for a cute as a button work top. Also, these sleeves demand an epic photo montage…
- I graded the hips down two sizes and the waist down one size to achieve the fit I like. This was super simple and worked really well.
- I took a 1.5 inches off the bottom hem to get it to fall to just on my hip bone.
- I’m going to use a drape-ier fabric next time. This blouse obviously lends itself to lovely flowy fabric but I wanted something a bit more casual this time.
Overall I’m really happy with this blouse- the multi coloured spots means I can team this up with a number of colours so it should get a fairly high rotation in the ol’ wardrobe. It’s definitely a pattern I will be making again for both work and fun wear.