I’m starting to think that I may have to rename my New Wardrobe Challenge to Amanda Makes Heaps of Colette Patterns Challenge. It’s going to be pretty true for the time being. At this current point I have all bar two (I think?) of the Colette Patterns and have been hoarding them like some kind of crazy grizzly bear with delicious fruit after hibernation. Now that I’m sewing again it seems like a mighty fine time to try them out. So bear with me for a while (See what I did there? Pure comedic gold free of charge on this blog!)
I think this was in fact the most time consuming part of the whole process. All up I used about 4.5 metres of tape and it was painful to pin and sew. The effect is wonderful and I’ll definitely give it another go. Though maybe with a martini to sip incase I get too cross…
- Easy to copy and cut out.
- Nice and quick.
- Easy instructions once you slay the dragons of French seaming and bias binding.
- Beautiful drape.
- The magic wing-a-ling sleeves that hid many sins. And possibly a cupcake if I’m desperate.
- Add a little length to the blouse. It looks great standing but I fear it may be a bit short at the back when I sit in jeans. Or maybe I should just make a high waisted skirt and be done with it…
- Shape the sides in just a smidge.
- Make my own bias binding.. bwah ha ha!
- Try adding the ties back in. I’m not a huge fan of thin ties so I opted out this time.
Apologies for the photography at night making things blurry…