What I loved about this pattern:
- How easy it is to swap in different features from the three variations. I ninjaed the bias binding from version A and then the peter pan collar from version B and it went together beautifully like cake and my face. Om nom nom.
- The peter pan collar. Everyone knows I get to trends rather slowly (furby’s are still cool, right?!) but I am totes loving this collar. This is my third attempt at one and this has to have been the easiest so far. Booyah!
- How easy to follow the instructions are. I found it comforting that all the steps for all of the variations were on one side of the information sheet. After three weeks without sewing it made this feel like an achievable task!
What I will change for next time:
- Smooth out the side seams. I feel like the right hand side seam could be a little smoother with the fit. It’s not major or anything but I like to tinker til things are rad.
- Let’s talk back panel arm scythe. I was so focused on fitting the front and sway back that I paid no attention to the arm scythe at the back. As a result it totes looks like I just hacked the sleeves off some stylish chap’s rad kimono shirt. Doh! Don’t get me wrong- I work hard at PT sessions to try and build my upper body strength but I so don’t want to look like I just jumped of the set of the latest Hulk film, you know. Therefore I’ll be looking to alter this when I make another sleeveless version.
But now that I know longer have green skin and have put my purple pants away it’s time to finish up. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the Alma. I’m generally not a fan of anything that is too loose around the waist but with some side seam adjustments (graded down a size in the waist and hips then took an additional 3cm off each side as well) this top is a sassy little number. I’m planning on making another sleeved version but in a silk. Things could get a little cray-cray so any hot tips for cutting or sewing with silk would be most appreciated. But enough chit chat, it’s time to go stalk the jungles of style. Like a tiger… rowwwrr!