You know how I totes said we would be BFF forever and I would take you dancing and frolicking in meadows and stuffs? Yeah, well I lied. You broke my heart with your painful construction and numerous screw ups. It’s over.
Keep it real,
I’m not sure where to even begin with the shenanigoats that I wrestled with for the construction of this dress. In fact- they are so boring and not worthy of an Iliad style saga. Instead I’m choosing to focus on the positive. Chantilly’s finished and I am quite besotted- or should that be be-spotted?! Eh?! Eh?! (Comedic gold here for free, gentle readers)
Check out this gathering- doesn’t it say “billowy” and “Amanda, you’re pretty awesome please eat some cake I baked for you”? And yes, this is a very awkward photo of my chest taken by me using the reverse camera function on my phone. Crazy times…
So, what I loved about this pattern:
- The yoke. Could it be any cuter? Only if tiny unicorns used it as a race track…
- The lack of FBA needed thanks to my new best friend- gathering.
- How easy the skirt was.
- The fabric I used- something lighter and softer would be nicer.
- Nip the sides in a teeny bit- it’s just a bit loose in the midriff.
- Finish the bottom of the lining properly. I was honestly all about the serge by the end of this never ending project…