You know how I totes said we would be BFF forever and I would take you dancing and frolicking in meadows and stuffs? Yeah, well I lied. You broke my heart with your painful construction and numerous screw ups. It’s over.
Keep it real,
P.S. I’m going back to Ginger again. She treats me right!
I’m not sure where to even begin with the shenanigoats that I wrestled with for the construction of this dress. In fact- they are so boring and not worthy of an Iliad style saga. Instead I’m choosing to focus on the positive. Chantilly’s finished and I am quite besotted- or should that be be-spotted?! Eh?! Eh?! (Comedic gold here for free, gentle readers)
Check out this gathering- doesn’t it say “billowy” and “Amanda, you’re pretty awesome please eat some cake I baked for you”? And yes, this is a very awkward photo of my chest taken by me using the reverse camera function on my phone. Crazy times…
The lining is a bit of a mismatch but I got to use up a bunch of fabric bits I had stashed so that is a win. And mismatched lining is so in this season- hadn’t you heard.
So, what I loved about this pattern:
- The yoke. Could it be any cuter? Only if tiny unicorns used it as a race track…
- The lack of FBA needed thanks to my new best friend- gathering.
- How easy the skirt was.
- The fabric I used- something lighter and softer would be nicer.
- Nip the sides in a teeny bit- it’s just a bit loose in the midriff.
- Finish the bottom of the lining properly. I was honestly all about the serge by the end of this never ending project…